Heartland Poker Tour (HPT) Black Hawk Colorado - Preview
The Heartland Poker Tour (HPT) is one of the most popular mid-range tours around. Due to their moderate buy-ins and substantial prize pools, these low-key events are well-attended and highly anticipated (they also have a big live audience as the HPT finals are usually televised). The events generally attract casual poker players, often looking for their first win, who want to play in a relaxed yet challenging atmosphere.
The upcoming HPT Mile High Poker Open will run from September 10 to September 19, 2010, and will be held at the Golden Gates Casino in Black Hawk, Colorado. There will be a series of qualifying and satellite matches leading up to the Main Event – the No Limit Hold’em three-day championship that begins on Sept. 17. This event will have a $1,500+$150 buy-in. Registration is still open. Follow the coverage of the Heartland Poker Tour on PokerPages.
The most recent HPT No Limit Hold’em tournament was held in July 2010 at the Majestic Star Casinos and Hotel in Gary, Indiana. The buy-in was $1,250 + $100; the prize pool was $470,280; and 396 players participated at the start, on July 23. At the end of the three-day event the top eight players (and their winnings) were:
1. Paul Davis (Elgin, Ilinois, USA) $140,184
2. Stuart Marshak (Chicago, IL) $70,092
3. Duane Graff (Hickory Hills, IL) $42,055
4. Vayo Gordon (Bloomington, IL) $32,710
5. Jason Goodman (Morton Grove, IL) $28,037
6. Michael Franco (Aurora, IL) $23,364
7. Scott Rokita (Diamond, IL) $15,796
8. David Rhed (New York, NY) $13,317